Monday, August 23, 2010

Day one at University of Miami... an odyssey as told through bugs... again

Ok I did not intend for the Miami adventure to be mostly about bugs, and that is also not my intention here, but come on. Have you seen the size of these things down here. I went to use the restroom today and saw a cockroach that could only be described as a cantaloupe sized bringer of heart attacks. It seems most fitting to start by tying Miami into Houston through none other than ICE CREAM! Now, since last time I wrote, I became lactose intolerant (gasp). This means I went like 3 months with no dairy whatsoever while I sorted out how to deal with this. However, THEY HAVE BLUEBELL ICE CREAM DOWN HERE!!!!!!! So, obviously the strike is over! I was so excited, I bought a gallon of the great divide (half chocolate, half vanilla) scooped a bowl, and danced around my kitchen to hotel California while eating it. I then got sick... but that's not the point! I don't know what the point is... but it was fun! So anyway, I will try and post every week or so in an effort to document this DMA but you and I both know this will end up being almost exclusively about bugs. And mark my words, the day I see a snake I am moving straight back up to Michigan... or possibly Indiana where I can bum off of a wonderful Geiser and Tarta.

No comments: