Thursday, August 30, 2007

Ballroom

I had my trial private ballroom lesson today with William (yes he's cute, and strong, and funny, and can dance). I think basically he just dragged me around the floor for an hour, with the occasional "graceful" step on my part, but I had a blast! So obviously I signed up on the spot for the next three weeks. I also get to go to a group class/party every Friday night from 8:00-10:00, so maybe I'll meet some fun people. Then, I went right out and purchased the proper foot attire, as pictured here. You can't see very well (well maybe YOU can, but I can't) but they're sort of a deep brown/golden material with black lace over it, then the heel and straps are black. They're suede on the bottom to minimize me sliding across the floor unintentionally, and the strap goes under the arch of the foot, which is pretty cool. Also, they last a hell of a lot longer than pointe shoes. Oh, and my lack of turnout is a GOOD thing in ballroom. Who knew.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want shoes like yours....